Author: O. Banks
Release Date: 5th September 2022
Genre: Non-Fiction, How-To, Guide, Animal Care
If you are yearning for respite from the cumbersome task of probing the undying cause of deteriorating chicken health and seek to learn preventative and integrative healthcare practices that save your gallinaceous pet from embarking upon a punitive expedition… You might want to pique your curious appetite by delving into this book.
Do you ever feel as if your indomitable spirit and love for your backyard chickens are being pushed to the brink of collapse by communicable diseases that drive a wedge between your chickens and unblemished health? Consider your exploratory spelunking adventure into the depths of uncertainty to be over! This book weaves the essential healthcare practices into the fabric of raising chicken flocks needed to mitigate the spread of diseases. The process of caring for these inherently inseparable gallinaceous members of the family can be turned into a snag-free greased slide by peering into this book, which encompasses all elements of veterinary care.
Amid the sanctimonious abyss created by multitudes of books with the premise of the argument articulated solely through palliative care, this book enlightens a higher path toward raising a healthy brood through unique management practices that avert the possibility of the brood catching disease. These practices have been corroborated by studies that have glaringly proved that healthy chickens produce healthier eggs and meat.
Surrendering to the hearty clasp of this awe-inspiring book is inevitable because this book:
- Provides the diagnostic tools required to identify health problems in chickens and the ways through which they can be overcome.
- Lays out plans for structuring sanitary and hygienic chicken coops that provide a safe environment for the flock.
- Addresses ways of stifling the burgeoning threat of antimicrobial resistance that results from the overuse of antibiotics.
- Highlights quintessential brood health maintenance techniques that ameliorate egg-laying problems and maximize yield.
- Conveys cost-effective alternative care regimens combined with knowledge of hazardous backyard materials that are detrimental to chickens if ingested.
The Beginners Guide to Chicken Health and Care: How to Optimize Your Flock’s Health, Avoid Diseases and Losses by O. Banks is an extremely insightful book about raising chickens and taking good care of them. The author has methodically laid out the plans and strategies needed to provide a safe environment for one’s flock and has provided a lot of useful insights into how to deal with and manage different types of medical conditions in the flock.
This book is a treasure trove of information for anyone looking to raise and maintain a chicken shed/farm or flock in a very systematic and sensible way. The book is well-structured and the author’s writing is very clear, concise and to the point.
I would strongly recommend this book to anyone who wants to get into poultry farming or knows anyone who plans to.