We are here with the 4th instalment of the most amazing reading challenge on this planet *drumroll* – RMFAO 2018 Genre Challenge.
For those who are new to this challenge, for Genre Challenge, we read one genre (sometimes even two when we have the alternate-genre month) every month. We post the genre list in advance (for this year’s genre list see below) so that we can plan our reads in advance. The focus of this challenge is not only to read more books in the genre you love but also to give you a chance to explore new, unfamiliar or lesser known genres. Not to mention the joy of reading with other book lovers and exploring new titles that they love and adore.
We don’t want to burden or restrict the participants by specifying sub-genres because that creates a set of problems that comes in between the actual reading. You can pick the sub-genres as per your convenience.
Another perk of this challenge is that don’t have to buy new books to participate in this challenge; all you have to do is go through your own books and organise your TBR-list as per the genres for this challenge. Simple!
One of the coolest things about this challenge is that the mods are so awesome that they even tell you the sources and links to obtain free books available online legally. What else can a bookworm ask for!?
[button size=”” color=”primary” url=”https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/147920-rmfao-reading-my-frigging-a-off?ref=nav_bar_discussions_pane_group” text=”Join RMFAO”]
In order to participate, simply announce your participation on the main board of RMFAO 2018 Genre Challenge. Or if you have a blog just do a simple post announcing your participation and sharing details of the challenge (you can freely copy and paste from here with a due credit or reblog this post.) Don’t forget to leave a link back here.
[button size=”” color=”primary” url=”https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/19118345-rmfao-2018-genre-challenge” text=”RMFAO 2018 Genre Challenge Thread”]
And now it’s time to unveil the Genre List!
RMFAO 2018 Genre-List:
‣ January – Science-Fiction
‣ February – Mystery-Thriller
‣ March* – Women’s Fiction or Westerns
‣ April* – YA or Graphic Novels
‣ May – Classics/Literary
‣ June – Non-Fiction
‣ July – Dystopian/Apocalyptic
‣ August – Contemporary Fiction
‣ September – Humour
‣ October – Horror
‣ November* – Historical or Steampunk
‣ December – Adventure/Fantasy
*Alternate-Genre Month - For these months, we have 2 genre options. You can pick and do either of the two or both!
- Level 1: Casual Reader: 1 book (easy)
- Level 2: Frequent Reader: 2 books (moderate)
- Level 3: Bookworm: 3 books (mildly strenuous)
- Level 4: Bibliophile: 4 books (strenuous)
- Level 5: Bookiopath: 5 books or more (challenging)
You can announce the level you’d be going for each month on the respective discussion threads.
Also, don’t forget to mention what type of books you’d be reading:
- HB: Hardbacks
- PB: Paperbacks
- EB: E-Books
- AB: Audio Books
PLEASE READ (especially for new members):
- You can read any number of books for the respective genre each month in one particular month.
- Take your time and go through your entire TBR-list before deciding the books to read.
- You can join the challenge at any stage (in any month.)
- You can drop out of the challenge any time you like.
- You can select different levels every month.
- Use this discussion board to share your reads with other members of the group.
- Please be active and don’t hesitate to ask questions or recommend books.
- We encourage social shares, so if you’d be sharing or mentioning this challenge on your social media, don’t forget to tag – #RMFAO and @thereadingbud
Other challenges at RMFAO:
If you’re as crazy about reading and books as we are then go wild combining all or any challenges to spice up your reading lists!
For any queries, you can post a comment below or send a message to the group or the mods on Goodreads any time. We’d love to hear from you!