Author: Phoenix Read
Release Date: 21st April 2021
Genre: Non Fiction, Finance
Pages: 234 pages
Publisher: Blackstone Pub.
How to plan for your financial retirement with your partner – even if you are starting late?
Have you been worried about your finances when you and your partner eventually retire?
Maybe you have been thinking about how you would cope when you finally retire?
Do you absolutely have no clue how to start, or perhaps you gave up at some point?
Planning your finances can be sometimes daunting – it becomes even more challenging if it’s your retirement you need to plan for, and you have to do it as a couple.
This book aims to intentionally cover the gap in the market for materials that cover financial planning for couples as against what we have that basically talks about individuals. It further bolsters how couples can minimize costs and maximize their wealth if they work together. With many years of research and unraveling secrets of lifetime income maximization and a passion for family wealth management, Phoenix Read bears his mind and offered loads of helpful support, tools, and information on how couples can overcome these obstacles.
In this book, Phoenix lets it all out. You will learn how to get started on your financial retirement plans.
His understanding of the challenges couples face when talking about money will help you and your partner overcome several years of not planning together.
Here’s a snapshot of what you will get.
- You will learn the best approach for couples and the best time to start talking about financial planning as couples. You will understand if one partner should keep working while the other retires or if both of you should retire at the same time.
- You will know more about what you are entitled to, and it is worth retiring early or late.
- It answered common questions on the mind of most couples as they approach retirement. Questions like where to live, what to do with your time, if you should retire at the same time, how much you need for retirement, and many more.
- You will be exposed to several investment vehicles where you can invest and grow your money without the risk of losing them to government policies or drastic market changes. The author discussed the pros and cons of all the investment opportunities in the book.
- How compounding interest works in your favor if you know how to take advantage of the opportunity. It also contains how to diversify your investment successfully.
- 3 Phases of Retirement. You will learn how to prepare and what to do at each phase.
- It also delves into the various component of your planning and everything you need to know, like life expectancy, social security, and the best time to claim them.
- Several studies show that the elderly are more likely to lose their money to fraudsters. So, there’s a whole chapter that talks about how to avoid losing your hard-earned money to dubious characters.
- There’s a comprehensive guide on how to manage your health in retirement. It contains topics like health insurance, medical cost, and a lot more.
And a whole lot more!
Phoenix wrote this book with you in mind, and that is not just a cliche!
Whatever level you and your partner find yourself in, you will find the right guide to start and get your retirement plans up and running.
Warning!!! This is not one of those financial books littered with jargon!
Every term used in this book was carefully simplified. The book is easy to understand with all the complex financial terms broken into simple languages for your understanding. Additionally, there are loads of relatable examples available for your understanding.
Retirement Planning for Couples: The Ultimate Financial Guide to a Stress-Free and Happy Aging is a very straightforward book on financial advice for retiring couples and people in the same age group. This book has a lot of good suggestions for anyone looking for guidance on planning their finances, especially for retirement.
Apart from investments and financial planning, this book also gives some key insights into how to approach retirement as a couple as well as the right time to start thinking about it. This is something that I really liked because most of the books simply focus on the mechanics of core techniques but not the initial approach to those techniques.
I’d recommend this book to everyone looking for financial guidance or some new strategies for effective retirement savings.